HP Envy 7640 Driver Setup and Installation
Any HP machine, especially a printer, is extremely easy to setup provided you have the right set of installation steps to follow. The Envy 7640 instructions that are available on our website will allow users to complete a first-time printer setup effortlessly.
Initial Setup and Installation
Based on your preference, the printer can be setup for a USB connection or for a network connection. A USB connection is a direct connection whereas a network connection is one that involves rerouting through the router. Home users generally prefer a USB connection whereas office spaces cannot afford one. Therefore, to connect multiple PCs at the same time, a network connection is more suitable. Having these conditions in mind choose a connection method first and then follow instructions accordingly.
USB Wired Connection
- Make a connection between the PC and the printer
- Remember that you must use a compatible USB cable
- Wait for the Envy 7640 to be recognized by your PC
- Once that happens, click on the printer icon
- It will automatically lead you to the setup wizard
- Now, make appropriate selections and complete the setup
Network Setup – Wireless and Wired
- For this setup method, you can access the settings menu on the printer first
- The wired and wireless setup methods have different menu settings
- Access them and proceed accordingly
- Use a LAN cable for the wired method
- Or use the router’s Wi-Fi for the wireless method
- Once you establish a connection, access the printer’s several functions
Driver and Software Installation
And the other most important things for the printer are the HP Envy 7640 driver and the HP printer software. You can find these software and drivers readily available on our website for download. However, to choose the best drivers for your printer model taking into consideration its functionality, the OS deployed on and version, you can talk to tech experts on our website 123.hp.com/setup.
Some operating versions may require users to download and install special drivers so that there are no compatibility issues with the printer. One such example is the Windows 8 server OS that requires special driver files to complete the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer.
- Download the necessary driver files on any PC
- Copy and distribute the files to all client machines using a thumb drive
- Setup connections between all client machines and the printer
- Then, accordingly install the copied files on client machines
- Use a zipped script for deploying all files correctly
- Besides, you need the Windows Image Acquisition service
- This is for enabling SCAN feature of the printer
- Now, install the Desktop Experience Feature on all machines
- Since you are using a network connection, you also need the MSI package on all machines
After successful completion of these setup steps, the printer can be accessed by all machines on the network.